Sign in to follow this  
Steven

Steven's Forum Moderator application

What is your in-game name: Steven

What position are you applying for: Forum Moderator

What is your IRL name: Steven

Where are you from (Timezone): Central Time | (UTC-6:00)

When did you start playing the server: About 8 or so months ago.

How much do you play daily: I play around 10 hours per day.

How did you find the server: I found the server on runelocus.

Tell us a little bit about yourself.
    I am 21 years old, I have been playing runescape servers for about 8 years now.

Outside of games, I like graphic design and programming which I do pretty regularly. 

What is your favorite thing to do on the server?

My favorite thing to do on the server is PVM, there's no better feeling than getting the drop you wanted after spending 5 hours grinding for it.

What do you hate about the server the most?

The thing I hate most about the server is the lack of stability leading to relatively frequent disconnections and occasionally loss of items as a result.

Have you ever been staff on any other servers?

I've been staff on many servers, the most noteworthy of which would be [] during the height of those servers when there was always several hundred people on both.

I was a forum moderator for the server.

What makes you want to be staff on this server?

I would like to improve the forums to turn it into what was once an incredibly important feature for every server but has now become a way for a handful of players to share information and the majority of players to ignore entirely, while asking for information which is covered numerous times in guides. Being staff would allow me to make the small changes that I believe would improve the server dramatically without having to have a lengthy discussion with staff that nobody is interested in in order to make some tiny change that will require a lot of time to accomplish.

If you got promoted, what is the first thing you would do?

I would like to work on first reorganizing the forums to allow players to better interact with one another as well as curating updates so the only information on some content is no longer only listed in some update thread from 8 months ago.

Have you ever been punished on this server(Muted,banned,jailed,etc)?If so, Explain.

I was muted for about a half hour for complaining about the Vasa Nistirio update after being asked not to do that.

What would you do if an advertiser starting spamming the server?

If an advertiser started spamming the server on the forums I would lock or deactivate the account and refer to a higher level staff member if it is anything other than a bot. 

A few days ago I reported a spambot on the forums to a staff member, beyond just banning these bots, there are a few tricks you can use to almost eliminate them, the most important of which being a whitelist of acceptable email providers for new accounts (gmail/hotmail/etc) as most bots use temporary emails so they don't need a list of emails which are easily dealt with.

Any additional information about yourself that you want to add?

Thank you for taking the time to read my application. Whether or not I get the role to fit, I would still like to improve the forums.

+1 Helps a lot of in-game, can easily bring it to the forums and would be nice having a dedicated forums staff.

• Thanks 1