Sign in to follow this  
Steven

Competition/Event ideas

Hey, Steven. I have a couple ideas for Halloween (excuse me if you've already thrown these back and forth with Jamian and stuff, or if they're not very original lol.)
Uhh, where to start..

Idea 1 ; The Haunted House from 2012 Runescape ( wiki here http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/2012_Hallowe'en_event ) (possibly? I didn't play at this time so I'm unsure how good it was.)

Idea 2 ; The Haunted House from RS3 if theres a way you can incorporate it? ( Broken Home from the 2014 Halloween Event, I played it last year somewhere and it was really fun, and quite terrifying. wiki here http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Broken_Home ) Possibly incorporate a drop table somehow into it, so when you finish going through the entire thing you have a chance of common, uncommon, rare, or even a ultra rare drop (1/25000 or more maybe), but you can only do it once or twice a day maybe? But possibly have a Halloween mask as the ultra rare drop? That way it's random as hell and rare, so not many people can get them?

Idea 3 ; "13 Days of Halloween" , kind of like the "25 days to Christmas" thing movies do during that time of the year. "13" because its an "unlucky" number, start on Oct 19th and finish on Oct 31, or start Oct 20th and finish Nov 1st. One idea I had for this event was a different riddle everyday, but the riddles are difficult to crack. Some you may have to use a mirror and reverse (that's too easy), some maybe you have to do a "scavenger hunt" on wiki to find where to go, nonetheless leading you to different NPC's each day who give you small rewards. Along with this, you can incorporate an "attendance bonus", so for those who complete all 13 days and all 13 riddles they have a chance at some limited time / rare item that you can only get from this year.

Uh, so yeah. Sorry if this wasn't what you were looking for, I was shooting ideas at Memo a few days ago and decided I'd post it on the forums (hoping this is the right place) for you, Jamian, or anyone else to see.

I hope I didn't waste your time, have a great day ! If you want to talk to me more about it, Just message me on Discord @ Ouija#9033 (I'm also in Revivals discord) .

Edited by ouija
Edit Reason ; forgot the word "ideas" in the first sentence.
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, ouija said:

Hey, Steven. I have a couple ideas for Halloween (excuse me if you've already thrown these back and forth with Jamian and stuff, or if they're not very original lol.)
Uhh, where to start..

Idea 1 ; The Haunted House from 2012 Runescape ( wiki here http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/2012_Hallowe'en_event ) (possibly? I didn't play at this time so I'm unsure how good it was.)

Idea 2 ; The Haunted House from RS3 if theres a way you can incorporate it? ( Broken Home from the 2014 Halloween Event, I played it last year somewhere and it was really fun, and quite terrifying. wiki here http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Broken_Home ) Possibly incorporate a drop table somehow into it, so when you finish going through the entire thing you have a chance of common, uncommon, rare, or even a ultra rare drop (1/25000 or more maybe), but you can only do it once or twice a day maybe? But possibly have a Halloween mask as the ultra rare drop? That way it's random as hell and rare, so not many people can get them?

Idea 3 ; "13 Days of Halloween" , kind of like the "25 days to Christmas" thing movies do during that time of the year. "13" because its an "unlucky" number, start on Oct 19th and finish on Oct 31, or start Oct 20th and finish Nov 1st. One idea I had for this event was a different riddle everyday, but the riddles are difficult to crack. Some you may have to use a mirror and reverse (that's too easy), some maybe you have to do a "scavenger hunt" on wiki to find where to go, nonetheless leading you to different NPC's each day who give you small rewards. Along with this, you can incorporate an "attendance bonus", so for those who complete all 13 days and all 13 riddles they have a chance at some limited time / rare item that you can only get from this year.

Uh, so yeah. Sorry if this wasn't what you were looking for, I was shooting ideas at Memo a few days ago and decided I'd post it on the forums (hoping this is the right place) for you, Jamian, or anyone else to see.

I hope I didn't waste your time, have a great day ! If you want to talk to me more about it, Just message me on Discord @ Ouija#9033 (I'm also in Revivals discord) .

I was mostly referring to events that can be held ingame, rather than events that would have to be made by dark or jamian, good ideas though, I'll pass these along to jamian if he needs ideas for a halloween event.

I might look into doing idea #3 though.

• Thanks 1

Idea #3 would also need to be done by dark or Jamian Steven 

But overall they all look like decent and well thought out suggestions for events that possibly be done in the future 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dmob said:

Idea #3 would also need to be done by dark or Jamian Steven 

But overall they all look like decent and well thought out suggestions for events that possibly be done in the future 

Not really, I could just hide hints that give instructions to do something like pm me a specific message or something for a reward.

You could do a golden gnome kind of thing where you create different categories and insert people in the community that would fill that specific feature. Like best suggestions, nicest player, best video creator/ video, best pvmer, best skiller (in a certain time span), best guide/guide maker, and things of that sort. This could be in the next month and I'm not sure what the stated prize could be but i think it would be cool and could be a once a year or even like a once every 2-3 month thing which would inspire more people to create content or even go for different goals.

Edited by Chosen

On 10/7/2018 at 5:43 PM, Chosen said:

You could do a golden gnome kind of thing where you create different categories and insert people in the community that would fill that specific feature. Like best suggestions, nicest player, best video creator/ video, best pvmer, best skiller (in a certain time span), best guide/guide maker, and things of that sort. This could be in the next month and I'm not sure what the stated prize could be but i think it would be cool and could be a once a year or even like a once every 2-3 month thing which would inspire more people to create content or even go for different goals.

Pretty cool idea, I'd need like 2-3 people to help name the people though. Would you like to help with that?

Great idea from @ouija would love to see that in game!

@Chosen Good, but not really for new players. 

Only here for some feedback since my brain can’t produce anything creative atm :/

• Like 1