Sign in to follow this  
True

Magic Oyster/Pearl

I was told that the only way to get a magic pearl is to complete master clues and those are what you use to auto complete master clues. Now I find that quite weird. I have a method and it would honestly be a good money sink.

You should be able to open the magic oysters for a chance at the pearl. The oyster disappears when you open it.

So you can either use them to auto-complete other clues or open them for a chance at the pearl. That makes more sense.

Either way there needs to be a different method to get the pearl. But I thought this would be a decent idea as it makes total sense. :P

Completing master clues is easy as is, and the magic pearl rate was increased so they are more common from master clues so there is no reason to make them any easier to get. It’s a no from me 

They may be easy for normal players, not as much for iron-man. This really wouldn't make much of a difference anyways, remove them from master clues and make them only obtainable from the oysters. If they are so easy then this is a great way to make them harder to obtain.

@Dmob (Forgot to quote sorry)

Edited by True

To be truly honest with you I don't even think the idea of having magic pearls is that good to have in the server. It's better (especially for iron men) to get or buy the items needed for a master clue and be able to solve them on your own by opening the lower level ones (which are already null and void due to oysters) and getting some of the gear pieces required. The addition of magic pearls removes the whole point of a clue being a clue and if we make magic pearls easier to get clues are more like caskets than clues and you just need to get a key to open them. It  can also be said that master clues are supposed to be for people who are at the latter part of the game and that are either in it for the chance of the super rare armor drops, lucky and rare components, or fashionscape. I don't want more easy scape that makes content dead and I don't money sinks are even really needed at the moment so it's a no from me chief sorry.

Coming from an ironman, it's an extremely proud moment to complete a item set to be able to open up clues (example: full ancient dhide)

It took me a little over 350 hard clues to get the full set and I enjoyed the whole grind. (if you don't like grinding, why would someone make a ironman to begin with?)

it gives ironmen specifically something to grind for. and on a private server, if you make everything super easy, what's the point of an ironman?

as far as normal/regular accounts, people are willing to sell cheaply or even loan out required clue items for other players to use... 

In my opinion, the rewards from the clues are too common to begin with, making most of them almost worthless.. 

To make masters even easier to do, is a BIG nope from me... 

• Like 1