La Luna

Just a couple of opinions.

Let me start off by saying Jamian, the server in general is GREAT, I'm not by any means bashing this server, I love it myself just wanting to make a couple of suggestions.

This server has so much potential, and is doing good to be honest. But there's a lot of things that come off as you just "threw together an idea" and went with it.

• The new GWD2 items are just items already in-game that you've renamed and changed some stats, and that just leads to excitement then a let down to be honest.
  • People running around with these crazy unnecessary bright colored names and name titles is a bit much if you ask me.
  • The Scythe you've added it just the normal oldschool scythe that's been changed colors and the stats changed, instead of adding the Scythe Of Vitur from oldschool.
  • By doing these things, it's coming off as "instead of really taking the time to update my server and make it better than others, I'll just throw together some simple ideas and release that and hope the players like it"
  • All the items in-game are just already in-game items that've been changed around a bit, which is disappointing. The Scythe Of Vitur would be an amazing addition instead of a purple scythe from holiday event.
  • Another example is raids, instead of just having "raid boxes" add the real thing,  take away all these custom bosses and whatnot and add the real thing. Custom servers go downhill very fast because of all the thrown off items, in-game content instead of as "easier oldschool" that everyone's looking for.
  • Just about anything with any type of benefits requires donating to use, that's a little much.
  • Fix it to where when you click to want to ONLY see one tab "public, friends, clan, etc" that it actually works, because right now it doesn't change. I'd like to be able to continue skilling and only see the clan chat. Example (when I'm thieving at rogue's den, I can't even have a conversation with the cc because the chatbox floods with the messages while thieving the safes)

Again I'm really not trying to bash the server, or give everyone a bad opinion on me, I just hate to see good servers with great potential go downhill and get taken down because the owner loses interest or loses players etc.

I ran a server of my own for a good while, so I understand that there's some things a Owner needs to hire a developer or coder to add things because you just don't have the time, or don't know so that can become costly. I understand, I had to do the same thing.

These are just some opinions, hopefully everyone can take this in the positive way instead of me just trying to bash.

Edited by La Luna
  • Like 2

Hey, welcome to the server and it's good to have you! 
As for your suggestions, I agree with you on some points.

" - People running around with these crazy unnecessary bright colored names and name titles is a bit much if you ask me. "
I now I'm one of these people, and I love my crazy and unnecessary bright colored name. "Batshit Crazy Ouija" is me, lol. Nicknames are supposedly free now though, so feel free to ask for one, just don't bug Woody or Infinity about it.

" - The Scythe you've added it just the normal oldschool scythe that's been changed colors and the stats changed, instead of adding the Scythe Of Vitur from oldschool.

- The Scythe Of Vitur would be an amazing addition instead of a purple scythe from holiday event.  "
The Scythe Of Vitur would be a badass implement, but I just want to say it's not  from a holiday event, aha. It's a Very Rare GWD2 drop from Akthanakos. I just figured I'd let you know seeing as you may/may not be new.

Jamian has a good understanding of his server and even though it mainly has 30-60 people on at a time (depending on timezones),  it doesn't seem to be dying anytime soon. I thought that myself too, until I started playing more and more and getting to know the community. The players are loyal. Even though there's a lot of things that can be worked on, I don't see him losing this playerbase anytime soon, and I'm sure he has ideas to have more implemented. It's just hard to try to give a server everything, along with balancing life outside of it, especially if that server isn't your full time job.

Please don't think I'm trying to be a dick, because I think the actual Scythe would be badass and I agree with you, but I also disagree. I know this post doesn't say much because I'm not going into much detail but, oh whale. xD

If you need help with anything in game, feel free to pm any staff online or even ex-staff. Some focus more on PVM, some focus more on skilling, so it's kinda vast and someone will know your answer. Even just asing in help cc, you'll get an answer 70% of the time.

It's awesome that a player cares enough to suggest things! and I didn't want you thinking that people just overlook it so here I am, aha. Your thoughts and suggestions mean a lot , and they matter.

- oui

9 minutes ago, ouija said:

Hey, welcome to the server and it's good to have you! 
As for your suggestions, I agree with you on some points.

" - People running around with these crazy unnecessary bright colored names and name titles is a bit much if you ask me. "
I now I'm one of these people, and I love my crazy and unnecessary bright colored name. "Batshit Crazy Ouija" is me, lol. Nicknames are supposedly free now though, so feel free to ask for one, just don't bug Woody or Infinity about it.

" - The Scythe you've added it just the normal oldschool scythe that's been changed colors and the stats changed, instead of adding the Scythe Of Vitur from oldschool.

- The Scythe Of Vitur would be an amazing addition instead of a purple scythe from holiday event.  "
The Scythe Of Vitur would be a badass implement, but I just want to say it's not  from a holiday event, aha. It's a Very Rare GWD2 drop from Akthanakos. I just figured I'd let you know seeing as you may/may not be new.

Jamian has a good understanding of his server and even though it mainly has 30-60 people on at a time (depending on timezones),  it doesn't seem to be dying anytime soon. I thought that myself too, until I started playing more and more and getting to know the community. The players are loyal. Even though there's a lot of things that can be worked on, I don't see him losing this playerbase anytime soon, and I'm sure he has ideas to have more implemented. It's just hard to try to give a server everything, along with balancing life outside of it, especially if that server isn't your full time job.

Please don't think I'm trying to be a dick, because I think the actual Scythe would be badass and I agree with you, but I also disagree. I know this post doesn't say much because I'm not going into much detail but, oh whale. xD

If you need help with anything in game, feel free to pm any staff online or even ex-staff. Some focus more on PVM, some focus more on skilling, so it's kinda vast and someone will know your answer. Even just asing in help cc, you'll get an answer 70% of the time.

It's awesome that a player cares enough to suggest things! and I didn't want you thinking that people just overlook it so here I am, aha. Your thoughts and suggestions mean a lot , and they matter.

- oui

I know it's not from an event on Revival, I mean the Scythe he used is the Holiday Scythe on 07.

• Like 1

Just now, La Luna said:

I know it's not from an event on Revival, I mean the Scythe he used is the Holiday Scythe on 07.

Oh my apologies!

• Like 1

i agree, raid boxes shouldnt be so easily accessible, if you want the best items go kill the raid boss.

the scythe i also agree, however i know why the scythe is like this and not the actual scythe from osrs.

also freedom of speech in cc wouldnt be that bad would it?

Edited by mather
  • Like 2

- I also agree about the raid boxes just because I would like to see the drops become a staple to get, the raid boxes lessen the rng chance and inflate the game with more of that item and also leave some of the bosses empty and with the addition of instances it gives more of a incentive to remove raid boxes imo.

- I don't really care what the scythe looks like and I think adding original new bosses to a rsps without necessarily being custom is cool it really shows that it is an rsps and not a copy and paste server.

- titles are fugly but i don't really care and people enjoy it so meh.

- I've never seen this server with my around 1.5 year span a pay2win and it is not hard at all to get the donate ranks from just playing the game, it's not really donating as it is like leveling something up in my opinion. (The only thing I don't like is direct donation but that's just a personal opinion the majority likes it, I just see it as stupid that if you make an iron man acc then basically buy donations on your main its removing the point of being an iron man)

Thank you a bunch for submitting ideas though! it's a bunch of fun to have convos like this with people, we need a lot of opinions to make a clear consensus.

Hi, I've played this server pretty much since it came out and let me tell you a few things;  (ps small text bc it was bugging out after point 6). 

1) nothing happens if Jamian doesn't want it. Honestly, there was gambling but apparently, there were bugs (guess what.... jamian hates gambling) and it got disabled. PVP? bitch I don't even pvp but it must be infuriating for those who do, because they're never getting it. Who the fuck even asked for Gw2? i don't recall anyone asking, but i do recall someone tell me I wanted it. 

2) your opinions and suggestions don't mean shit boy. I can't remember a time someones (other than staff members) suggestion has been implemented or even fucking thought about.  

3) Mathers right in talking about freedom of speech, we're stuck with nazi server supports (mainly iki ill be honest) who think they're hot shit, and become engorged whenever they can flex their virtual powers. (i always take screenshots of when i believe a staff member is acting out of line, and today alone: I have taken 8). I even have a folder with gyazo links and proof of not just staff members speaking, but me too so there is context.  The freedom of speech is non- existent and it's almost anti-freedom of speech. So much so I wouldn't be surprised if I got banned for this comment. (fyi i haven't broken any rules since i've started playing revival, and never will but... watch me get slapped with "rwt" or smth along those lines, which is equally as funny as it is sad: because I don't need the fucking pennies I'd get for selling my bank) 

4) I often wonder why Jamian or the staff even put a date or say a day for anything, because let's be real, it's going to be late... every time. 

5) there's a transparent lack of effort from pretty much everybody on the senior side of the server (except darklight) , and it's infuriating. You literally have a cash cow but you refuse to water the grass. 

6) there used to be well over 100 people playing this server every day. where have they all gone? it couldn't possibly be because of the shit management, complete lack of effort and considerably underwhelming updates? no, that's not why. i'm sure there will be some excuse. In fact i am certain that I once had a conversation with 'you know who' about gambling to which i was told,; "if you don't like it leave". ??????????????????????????? BITE YOUR TOUNGE, GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT,  PUT THE EFFORT IN, MAKE YOUR MONEY AND CHILL. I'm not ignorant enough to assume that this server will be around forever, but let me tell you that once it's gone (and it will go) you will massively regret not milking one of the easiest jobs in the world.  oh and paying subpar youtubers to come say whatever you want them to say is not a good way to keep players playing once the try it. You invest in your community, you invest in yourself, effort shows, consistency works and as a result ; people will stay, and pay money. $$$££££$$$$£££ 

7)  GW2 and Raids bosses are the just awful man. there's no skill needed, not even items really; you just hit it, and eat a lot. here's a quick summary of the balance of the bosses: (hits)  0000000000000000-80-0000- 67- 30-0000000000000000000000000000000000000000-60-000000000000000. not to mention the fact they take ten hours to kill each time. there's no meta besides what weapon to use, no real incentive to get good at the game. If it was challenging people would love to learn it so that the drops could be cherished but Nah let's just make it insufferable so that anyone who want's to do it.surely wants to kill themselves after. 

8) it's probably been 18 months since you promised comp cape. 18. 

9) IMAGINE MARK ZUCKERBURG MAKING VIDEOS OF HIM P MUCH CRYING BECAUSE THE PEOPLE WHO USE HIS FREE SERVICE ARE SO DEMANDING AND ARE OBVIOUSLY THE ONES MAKING HIM RICH BUT, NO, BUT NO, HE'S GONNA THROW A FUCKING TANTRUM BECAUSE HIS INTELLIGENCE IS SO MUCH GREATER AND MORE LIKELY TO BE RIGHT THAT THE COLLECTIVE INTELLIGENCE OF THE 100'S. HE CANT BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE WANT CHANGES TO HIS PERFECT SITE, HE PUTS AN ENTIRE 3 HOURS A MONTH INTO IT AS HIS FULLTIME JOB AFTERALL, SURELY BECAUSE HE PLAYS ALL THAT TIME: HE KNOWS BEST THO RIGHT????? 

here's how it's really handled here: 2:15 onwards is the main proof lmao

10) contrary to the tone of this post: i do actually love the server, and i have stuck with it fairly consistently since its release because i believe in it, and the weird little cool things like urt and random chests make me love it, but honestly.. i've fucking had enough. get rid of that fucking nazi IKI, sort your shit out, make a fuck load of money, and listen to the fucking people. 

inb4ban. 

Edited by okay
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

i don't want to agree but i do @okay on most of this. especially #4. i feel like there is enough content on here to do that it doesn't matter it just bothers me that i'm  waiting for it and it doesn't come. great response though. 

• Like 1

@okay

"3) Mathers right in talking about freedom of speech, we're stuck with nazi server supports (mainly iki ill be honest) who think they're hot shit, and become engorged whenever they can flex their virtual powers. (i always take screenshots of when i believe a staff member is acting out of line, and today alone: I have taken 8). I even have a folder with gyazo links and proof of not just staff members speaking, but me too so there is context.  The freedom of speech is non- existent and it's almost anti-freedom of speech. So much so I wouldn't be surprised if I got banned for this comment. (fyi i haven't broken any rules since i've started playing revival, and never will but... watch me get slapped with "rwt" or smth along those lines, which is equally as funny as it is sad: because I don't need the fucking pennies I'd get for selling my bank) "

Everyone says this, where are the screenshots? We can't really do anything if we don't see evidence of that being done, if staff members are acting outside of our rules, let us know and we'll handle it.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Steven said:

@okay

"3) Mathers right in talking about freedom of speech, we're stuck with nazi server supports (mainly iki ill be honest) who think they're hot shit, and become engorged whenever they can flex their virtual powers. (i always take screenshots of when i believe a staff member is acting out of line, and today alone: I have taken 8). I even have a folder with gyazo links and proof of not just staff members speaking, but me too so there is context.  The freedom of speech is non- existent and it's almost anti-freedom of speech. So much so I wouldn't be surprised if I got banned for this comment. (fyi i haven't broken any rules since i've started playing revival, and never will but... watch me get slapped with "rwt" or smth along those lines, which is equally as funny as it is sad: because I don't need the fucking pennies I'd get for selling my bank) "

Everyone says this, where are the screenshots? We can't really do anything if we don't see evidence of that being done, if staff members are acting outside of our rules, let us know and we'll handle it.

hey, ok here u go. For context we were joking about and i said something to the effect of "stop being nerds, grow up and suck dick for money" a lighthearted joke. IKI didn't like it. 

https://gyazo.com/f2de5e37e2c67e06673fa2a43facc969

That's an instant "last warning" for a joke that didn't offend or target anyone specifically if anything it was a passing comment. again, iki didn't like it. 

something else iki din't like was when other staff members (honestly can't remember who) said (words to this effect) "yeah iki thats just a joke, not a warning". two of them "sided" with me. think one of them was @Aoly

Here's another within 30 mins of the first one: 

Context: "a car" said someone's prices were retarded, i took this as a joke as opposed to an insult or a serious comment. Oh btw, iki didn't like the word. 

https://gyazo.com/f885ecc6f6fba1c59858484bf541dcfe 

Yes, you read that right. That's another last warning.. because he only does last warnings btw. 

Oh and when @mather decided he would stick up for us (those being flexxed on by ikis super powers) he got... i want to say flame baited by, you guessed it, iki. 

https://gyazo.com/5f9fb5ccb271c8a642adbad046c91420

Of course, I could be wrong. Maybe he accidentally typed ::yell before his muting command. oh, and put a space in between, by accident. 

This was within 30 mins. I've witnessed it a couple times before too, but didn't get the screenshots. 

Whilst this might not be a staff member "acting outside of the rules" it's certainly not a healthy thing to have around. Being a nazi was legal, in nazi Germany. 

Also, if you're going to reply with what I took to be a kind, understanding and genuinely supportive reply, in the name of professionalism, it's best not to start with the proposition "Everyone says this, where are the screenshots?". 

Oh and i've replied to this comment on a public thread because that's where you asked it, and unfortunately I can't let that proposition stand without everyone seeing me prove it untrue.  

:)

Edited by okay

2 hours ago, okay said:

Also, if you're going to reply with what I took to be a kind, understanding and genuinely supportive reply, in the name of professionalism, it's best not to start with the proposition "Everyone says this, where are the screenshots?". 

Why not? Otherwise we're at where we were before, with people like you complaining and not actually doing anything to improve the situation, apparently it takes a comment like that to actually get you to bring the actual substance of your complain forward.

Thanks for posting those by the way, I'll let Woody know to look into it.

6 hours ago, Steven said:

Why not? Otherwise we're at where we were before, with people like you complaining and not actually doing anything to improve the situation, apparently it takes a comment like that to actually get you to bring the actual substance of your complain forward.

Thanks for posting those by the way, I'll let Woody know to look into it.

Morning,  just to clarify; I simply meant that your comment urged me to upload the proof on this thread, which to my understanding is not the optimal complaints procedure. Asking for proof is not the issue, read your comment without the words "everyone always says this" and you'll realise it reads much less assumptive. It was worded in such a manner that I felt as though I must reply here and now, as opposed to a more formal or private complaint. 

I completely understand that it must be frustrating when people who are lacking proof make frequent accusations. Perhaps, instead of assuming lack of proof, a post could have been made where you asked for all complaints to be backed up with the proof because the majority of previous and current accusations have lacked this. 

I hope this provided some clarification and that you didn't take my previous replies as rude, that was not my intention. 

16 hours ago, okay said:

Morning,  just to clarify; I simply meant that your comment urged me to upload the proof on this thread, which to my understanding is not the optimal complaints procedure. Asking for proof is not the issue, read your comment without the words "everyone always says this" and you'll realise it reads much less assumptive. It was worded in such a manner that I felt as though I must reply here and now, as opposed to a more formal or private complaint. 

I completely understand that it must be frustrating when people who are lacking proof make frequent accusations. Perhaps, instead of assuming lack of proof, a post could have been made where you asked for all complaints to be backed up with the proof because the majority of previous and current accusations have lacked this. 

I hope this provided some clarification and that you didn't take my previous replies as rude, that was not my intention. 

Sorry if it came across as an attack on you, I was just saying that with basically any action by staff, there are people who claim that they have proof of them 'abusing their powers' but never seem to report it. Really, reporting it in the improper place is still better than nobody saying anything at all. I wasn't assuming you didn't have proof, just that having proof and referencing that proof without sharing it doesn't really help.

• Like 1

You basically just suggested we remove everything custom and make this 100% the same as OSRS. I think this server isnt right for you, you might enjoy playing something more traditional to OSRS. We've been around for 18 months and we've never not been unique lol... 

As for the Scythe of Vitur.. what does that have to do with GW2? The Zarosian Scythe and the Scythe of Vitur are two completely different items. Titles have gotten out of hand i'll agree with that. 

• Like 2

On 12/8/2018 at 5:16 PM, okay said:

hey, ok here u go. For context we were joking about and i said something to the effect of "stop being nerds, grow up and suck dick for money" a lighthearted joke. IKI didn't like it. 

https://gyazo.com/f2de5e37e2c67e06673fa2a43facc969

That's an instant "last warning" for a joke that didn't offend or target anyone specifically if anything it was a passing comment. again, iki didn't like it. 

something else iki din't like was when other staff members (honestly can't remember who) said (words to this effect) "yeah iki thats just a joke, not a warning". two of them "sided" with me. think one of them was @Aoly

Here's another within 30 mins of the first one: 

Context: "a car" said someone's prices were retarded, i took this as a joke as opposed to an insult or a serious comment. Oh btw, iki didn't like the word. 

https://gyazo.com/f885ecc6f6fba1c59858484bf541dcfe 

Yes, you read that right. That's another last warning.. because he only does last warnings btw. 

Oh and when @mather decided he would stick up for us (those being flexxed on by ikis super powers) he got... i want to say flame baited by, you guessed it, iki. 

https://gyazo.com/5f9fb5ccb271c8a642adbad046c91420

Of course, I could be wrong. Maybe he accidentally typed ::yell before his muting command. oh, and put a space in between, by accident. 

This was within 30 mins. I've witnessed it a couple times before too, but didn't get the screenshots. 

Whilst this might not be a staff member "acting outside of the rules" it's certainly not a healthy thing to have around. Being a nazi was legal, in nazi Germany. 

Oh and i've replied to this comment on a public thread because that's where you asked it, and unfortunately I can't let that proposition stand without everyone seeing me prove it untrue.  

:)

lol those screenshots are kinda shit evidence for why iki might be bad. 

first pic: you didnt give any context besides the last thing you said and what iki said, so idk what the other text was for how it came up. but that kind of stuff looks like your insulting them and turns into arguments.

2nd pic: we dont need people saying retard or other words that might offend anyone in the cc/yell  because it looks toxic and other people might start using it . ever played a pking server  where they dont care whats said? 

1st and 2nd: yes iki could phrase his last warnings a little better by either not saying 'last warning' or say "dont say that" and if they do it again give a last warning. 

3rd pic: 0 context in pics to what you said happened and might've been a mistake between wanting to yell something / mute him.

start taking pics of the whole conversation and include the scroll bar so they can see where it is. heres an example album of how they should be taken (from where the argument started). if i wasnt a staff at the time, i would've taken the pics a lil higher for the convo that happened for it to start, but staff just need the pics of why they muted someone and should be trusted for the context). 

On 12/9/2018 at 7:48 PM, Jamian said:

You basically just suggested we remove everything custom and make this 100% the same as OSRS. I think this server isnt right for you, you might enjoy playing something more traditional to OSRS. We've been around for 18 months and we've never not been unique lol... 

As for the Scythe of Vitur.. what does that have to do with GW2? The Zarosian Scythe and the Scythe of Vitur are two completely different items. Titles have gotten out of hand i'll agree with that. 

The server itself has major potential, and I'd love to play it every day instead of when I'm bored. And again I'm not bashing the server or  you by any means, but instead of adding custom items add the real items, everyone is looking for an "easier" osrs game style to play. Custom severs always go downhill apart of "[specific server name removed]" because nobody wants to play a server that has all kinds of crazy colored shit in-game, apart from the few 12 year olds that play private servers. I don't expect my one opinion to change your whole server, and I also don't want to put a bad name for myself by just putting out opinions. I watched your videos back before you even had a server and would love to see your server have 100's of players online daily. I ran my own server for months and know the whole process. I know my opinion means absolutely nothing when the server is ran by someone and they have their own plans for their own server, I just hate to see servers with potential go down eventually. All I'm saying.

Edited by Steven
Removed name of other server

@okay

Do you have any specific suggestions for items/content to add?

Either way, I'd hardly call Revival a 'custom' server, feel free to check out servers that actually make that claim, there's quite a difference.

8 hours ago, Steven said:

@okay

Do you have any specific suggestions for items/content to add?

Either way, I'd hardly call Revival a 'custom' server, feel free to check out servers that actually make that claim, there's quite a difference.

@Steven I don't think I mentioned an issue with custom items, just that they need to be done properly. 

On 12/10/2018 at 1:48 AM, Jamian said:

This isn't a sufficient response to the seriousness of the issues that have been raised throughout the post thread.