So to start off fishing you need to trade Bob at home who sells supplies:

V31FkVo.png

You will want to buy the following:

- Small fishing net
- Big fishing net
- Harpoon
- Lobster pot
- 1-2k Dark fishing bait

Once you've purchased all of the above you can start training.

1-16 - Start by fishing shrimps at the home dock:

8UHs9S7.png

16-40 - Fish Mackerel/Cod at the next spot along:

lmo2JjB.png

40-76 - Fish Lobsters all the way until Sharks, it's not worth moving from here as it's very quick:

on7bMtS.png

76-85 - You can either fish Sharks straight to 99 if you really want to avoid the Wilderness,
but I'd personally recommend moving to Dark Crabs at 85 as it's much faster:

gcOUemW.png

85-99 - The fastest way from 85 to 99 is by fishing Dark Crabs at the Resource Area, 
to get there you want to speak to the Ghost Sailor who's located straight east from home:

h5VvG8O.png

nzOWSVs.png

The risk of fishing here is that it's in deep Wilderness and there's no bank. 
You will have to use Piles to note the fish you catch (he will not note cooked fish so don't bother cooking them)
I'd recommend only bringing 500 Dark fishing bait at a time and banking once it's used up, 
but this completely up to you:

To leave the resource area just open the gate and head west to the lever which will take you to Ardy.
From there simply teleport home, bank and repeat.

There's also other rewards you can get from training the skill besides the fish you catch:

Money
You will frequently get coins put into your inventory whilst you're fishing. 
I usually get between 50k-300k an inventory which is really good considering how relaxing the skill is, 
you'll probably easily make between 15-20m from 1-99.

Angler
Angler is the outfit which will randomly drop onto the floor whilst you're fishing. 
You will want to pick this up at it gives a 2% xp boost for each piece & a 10% xp boost if you wear the entire set. 
The angler drop rate is 1/1500 (for each piece) and you can also get duplicate pieces so it's entirely luck dependent whether you complete the set by the time you hit 99.
 I'm currently at 50m expeirence on my main and I'm still missing the hat but I have 4+ of the other 3 parts.

Mystery Boxes
Fishing is one of the best ways to get mystery boxes, there's a 1/500 chance you will receive one 
and like angler it will drop onto the floor so you want to pay attention for the blue chat message that pops up. 
I usually get 3-4 Mystery Boxes an hour but again it's very luck dependant.

Fishing Pet
Last but not least is the fishing pet which is the Heron, there's a 1/5000 chance you will receive one 
so it's pretty rare and can take a while to get, goodluck going for it!

b0dd03c12d523c1860b19e924d1ad8f2.png

(Sorry if the guide layout wasn't too great, I did try but everything looked bland.)

• Like 1

Just so that people know if you quickly click the fishing spot for example the lobster cage spot it allows you to catch fish a considerable amount faster

• Like 1

Just reading through this now, I couldn't say one thing to make it better. Great guide.