Sign in to follow this  
Saraziel

Hardcore/Ironman Starter-Guide

Hello, since this is my first Guide in a long time it wont be perfect, but i still try to make it as informative as i can. 

If u wonder, im at the moment a Master HC (x15 XP rate) with 1522 Total (3th May 2022) 2012 Total (12 May 2022) - I played Revival 1 for a really long time and was the first maxed HC and still Rank 1. Aswell as having a 1750 total HC on OSRS and multiple maxed Hcs on other servers that i wont name.

I write a Guide with the personal Route i take as an Hardcore-Ironman, u dont need to, this is just something for you to look up.

To start off - What is my personal route ?

I normally start with Wintertodt on 10 HP, on R2 especially i did not go over 10 HP, since it hurts and ur likelyhood to die is way higher. 

I go for 50 FM as first, stole 75 Cakes (Man/Woman till 5 Thiev) ::sw or Teleport Crystal to SW and ur close to a cakestall - nw for close bank. 
(Be careful, u dont need warm clothing BUT, on lower fm lvls u get hit up to 3, that changes after 70-80, where u get hit 0 and 1)

All u need is a Axe (Rune), Tinterbox, Knife (More points/Game) and a Hammer. and Cakes. First 2-3 games 8 cakes , after 85 ~ u mostly only have to take 3-4 with you. 

What to do when starting the Game? Grab 2 potions from the middle crate, go to the side and get 2 herbs and mix them. (small amount of farming/Herb xp)

Rest shouldnt be hard - repair the brazier and keep it lid and allways, have the pyromancer at the fire ur at be standing, or wt regens when all 4 are down. 1 is enough. 

U can either go for 99 FM in 1 rush, i didnt, since i cant stand the minigame tho. 

After Wintertodt. - u should have some nice supplies banked, yew, magic, spirit treeseeds. Ranarr, Snapdragon seeds. Those come in handy later.

But what to do after Wintertodt or in the time i have a break from wintertodt?

Thats up to you, i start building up supplies for Pvm later after 99 Firemaking. 

Fishing - Start like normal at ::fish or catherby till u reach Monks (Piscatoris TP under skilling) do Monks OR get 51 Hunter and do aerial Fishing for 400 Pearls and the fishing outfit. (Monks till Angler) and Angler till 97-99 depending if u wanna get karams (As hc combofood is really important)

For the Karambwan Route i got a vessel and Dramen staff from the Adventurepoints-Store - ::ge - North-west Shortcut - south - Fairyring to DJK - repeat.

Woodcutting is the same, u will be around 60~ After wintertodt , same with Construction. 

Woodcutting my Route was up to 99 (Was a failure) , u should go for 95 and start making mahogany planks till 99 wc. So u have 99 Construction banked when u hit 99 WC. EDIT: You need Around 7-8k Mahogany Planks. 

The best way i found yet for making planks - Take a Teleport Crystal, first option is North-East of Priffdinas. , run the the North-East Corner, cut mahogs, make them to planks a bit more North
use the Crystal to NE again, it brings u close to a bank. Repeat.

Thieving - till Level 5 at Man/Woman - Cake Stall - Silk Stall - Warrior - Master Farmer - Gnomes for Herb and Treeseeds. - Elf - 99 Bank the Fire orbs, gold ore and crystal shards.

If u want Seeds - Gnomes are an excellent Source for those, they even give halfdecent tree-seeds. (yews - Rare and Papaya)

Whats next? Thats kinda up to you to be honest. Im kind of skillhopping. 

Went for 83 Hunt for Dragon imps. 

Went for Farming since i had a lot of seeds. (Kourend Herb patch is at the moment bugged and Farming Guild not implemented yet)

Crafting :

Buy Buckets from Ironmanshop/General Store - 12-13k of them, fill them west at home with sand, lunar spell glassmake and blow it. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will add more and more infos over time, but that should be a good beginning for now.

Edited by Saraziel