Sign in to follow this  
Chosen

Ultimate Iron Man Starter Guide

This guide will be giving multiple ways you can play ultimate iron man, this is only just to start your process. The best part of Ultimate iron man is figuring how to work around the disadvantage your are given!

THINGS TO THINK ABOUT WHEN PLAYING: 

- planning your goals ahead of time so that you can manage space around said goals.

- What needs to be held onto or dropped.

- organization makes everything much less annoying.

What should I start first?

- Best place to start is fishing, this will allow you to build up a decent stack of cash and will give you your food supply for a good while.

2c4512e90d8903caa3a0cf78852f21ba.png

I recommend at minimum you aim for 40 fishing so you can use lobsters as a food source. If you want to go further sharks are you next goal. ( I would recommend holding onto your cage or harpoon so that you don't have to constantly buy it)

SIDE OPTION: Once you get your fishing/cooking level up to the level you would like it but you don't have a cash stack to your liking you can start thieving at the stalls at home to gain more cash. Cakes sell to fez for 10k each!

a6a1f51fe2a8c5a1cfbb80fa07d7ff23.png

- Next you can do two things:

A. Start slayer

B. Level up farming/herblore so that you can have prayer pots.

A. This is as easy as it sounds just get a easy or medium task from vannaka from home and get a invy of food and start slayer!

e0c6343c58fab94b3d91019e6545f48b.png

B. With this route you will need to get 40 herblore to that you can create prayer pots (topic 246 for farming guide and topic 180 for herblore guide.)

IMPORTANT NOTE: once you get the level to farm ranarr weeds and are able to clean them don't drop them! If you talk the the leprechaun near the farming area he will note your clean herbs!

cd25b87d469894225d6ab07dc8c49afe.png

When you have enough noted herbs to be lasting you a decent time you can head home and buy water vials from the general store.

d8a561c5ffbba89ffdefc2514c87dedb.png

Once having these two items you can go to the potion mixer and make unfinished potions that are noted. This helps you be able to setup your invy easily with food and pots.

NOTE: you can buy noted herb supplies from the herblore shop at home!

e66079bc32d261aa7ac6dc49c397ff0b.png

After you are done with direction you should go do some slayer so that you can get better armor and combat levels to start aiming for new goals!

What goals should I aim for early on?

- The biggest goal for starters right of the bat will be looting bag. It basically doubles your inventory space and makes everything easier.

The monster you can kill are:

[NON-PVP] crazy archeologist (Teleport to ::Fossil then click on mushroom)

9fa012b1526f26aec4adfb6f5272a7bc.png

[Wildy] Lava Dragons (Pvp teleports -> Lava dragons)

4d4995d97328effa6886a8b9bb3a5c54.png

At this time revenants caves are disabled, once enabled I will add them to this list.

OPTIONAL:  Killing barrows for karils and killing elfs for crystal bow are nice pick ups so that you can start killing zulrah or just having range gear. ( To get to elf's, PvM teleports -> Zulrah -> Run east until you reach the camp)

6299f9fe0b0a5ed6e0ea980a41964e4a.png

- Gaining organic components in any way you can is really nice. building these up will allow you to level up invention early and also reaching your new food source garden pies. Once you get enough to get a garden pie schematic and a membership you can go to ::dz and buy summer pies from the store

19f639c2415241f021c8c7617d2de9e4.png

Once getting organic comps and noted summer pies you can go to ::invent and use the dude outside the area to make noted garden pies for you! (You should start making garden pies after you are 99 cooking and fishing)

272fd39a96f1de4e2c9211f2fd4fec07.png

BONUS TIP: If you don't want to wait to get the explorers backpack drop from mboxes you can go to ::Hall and get a polymath cape. It still allows you to do the same teleports as explorers backpack but you cannot wear it.

3a4393ec0662b4f8c66462696e39607d.png

This is the end of the start guide to ultimate iron man! The rest is up to you to figure out and work around the disadvantage in different ways.

PLEASE MESSAGE ME ANYTHING I COULD ADD TO THIS POST!

Edited by Chosen
  • Like 1

Fantastic guide, I hope you keep up the good work.

I'm way too impatient to do an ultimate ironman but hopefully this will make it more popular.