Sign in to follow this  
Snom

New Food/Hp Recovery

There are currently 2 high healing HP recovery items in-game, the Saradomin brew and Garden Pie.

The Saradomin brew is considered to be a potion and has the same mechanics when consumed. It heals 16 HP per dose at lvl 99 HP and has 4 doses.
The Garden Pie is a 1 tick food which heals 20 HP per half and a total of 40 HP per pie.

With all the new bosses added to the game, they are not easy bosses and they all hit like a truck. They have the ability to drop you to half HP from full and even almost 1-shotting most of the time and not to forget, most of them hit through prayers 
It exciting to have new bosses but it is not fun when all u do to get a kill of the boss is to constantly eat and rarely hit them. It is not fun when you have to use a thirds inventory of Saradomin Brew or Half an inventory of Garden pies for just one kill.

I would like to propose a new Food/Hp Recovery item that is better than the Saradomin Brew or Garden pie.

The most OP suggestion of few that I have in mind is an item that is made by combining the Saradomin Brew +  Garden Pie + Invention Components. Let's just call it Garden's Brew for now. It would take the form of a potion and heals 20 HP per dose. Yes, this is OP in my opinion but I'd like to just throw it in for content and hear what others think of this.

The 2nd suggestion that I have in mind is an upgraded Garden Pie. Probably Heaven pie or Utopia Pie, anything. It can either take the form of a pie that heals 25 Hp or more per half or it could take the form of a cake, that heals 20 Hp per third. They all would have the same 1 tick mechanic when consumed.

Thirdly, an upgraded Saradomin Brew. God's Brew maybe? Haha idk, names can be anything. The brew would take the form a potion with its mechanics when consumed, and heal maybe 17, 18 or 19 per dose.

Lastly, an item with similar mechanics to ring of suffering in OSRS. This item would make use of an item from master clues, The Ale of the Gods. Ale of the Gods is a very rare item from Masters clues. I have 4220 Master clue counts and have only gotten 14 Ale of the Gods. This item has to be "charged" with Saradomin Brews and is a 1 inventory slot item. It will act as a combo food item that has to be recharged with Saradomin Brews. It's like Slurp Juice but the item itself does not get destroyed but instead consumes charges of Brews that a player has to add.

Thank you for your time, I really hope that my suggestion will be considered. Please do tell me what you guys think too, I appreciate critics.

Edited by Snom
  • Like 1

i can speak out for this as well the new boss do hit like a truck and the 2an suggestion seems to be the best and not so op with making the pie heal 5 more hp per half in stead of 20 but I say we use the invention skill to do this with use gold bars or gold or or something and call them golden pies ( this suggestion is a really good one and should really be looked at more in depth on what we can do to make something to heal a bit more for these bosses ) thank you @Snom for this suggestion I hope that it gets over looked and something can be done on this topic in anyway that's not to op 

that last option is really good as well have a limit on how menny charges it can have and act as if it was a 4 does pot for each of thos charges it has if that isn't to op of a idea 

I like this suggestion, decent food isn't a good way to balance content, Revival isn't like OSRS in that making several trips is a big part of balance, why make it so you can only do 10 kills per trip (in a total time of 5 minutes) when you can make it so you can do 20 kills per trip (in a total time of 11 minutes)?

If anything I think this would be a decent QoL update, the only content where it'd effect actual balance would be GW2 because the teleports are expensive.

If you adjust food to conform to one area of the game, it is going to affect the rest of the game in all pvm areas.

how much? I'm not sure... but I think these bosses were made to be group bosses, not solo bosses to begin with.. 

there's always Corp if you're looking for something easy to kill..

just my opinion though..

5 hours ago, Fe Josh said:

If you adjust food to conform to one area of the game, it is going to affect the rest of the game in all pvm areas.

how much? I'm not sure... but I think these bosses were made to be group bosses, not solo bosses to begin with.. 

there's always Corp if you're looking for something easy to kill..

just my opinion though..

You can already solo GW2 bosses, the only real limitation is how long it takes to kill them, which isn't effected by food quality, and if you wanted to keep price balancing, you could double the rune requirement for teleports, to keep the same relative cost-to-kill.

The one real exception I see would be Inferno, where food is an actual limitation, and that food could be disallowed for that minigame.

I don’t really see the need for better food imo especially if we are aiming this at gw2. If it’s end game content they should be hitting hard and you should be eating a lot especially if we want this to be hard to solo. I’d rather see bosses have mechanics that make you click and move kind of like how we have to do with bosses like tekton. Something that values movement compared to standing and eating which I say is boring. But the other exception is that this is an rsps and it is very difficult to do such a thing. I honestly think garden pies and Sara brews are good enough.

maybe make herblore cape have a chance to make the potion while making brews or invent cape while making overloads so they arent easy to obtain but still can. 

depends how hard you want them to be obtained. it'd kinda be like the special potion event we had but replace the brew/overload you would have made into the new item