Sign in to follow this  
Nelluc

Nelluc's Suggestions

NELLUC'S SUGGESTIONS

Playing Revival for a couple of weeks has brought me to one conclusion...THIS SERVER IS AMAZING! 

But... There is always room for improvements!

This thread will be a collection of my suggestions and will be updated as more come to me while playing this addictive server.

Please note that these are suggestions based off my opinion and if you have a way to improve or have comments on my suggestions I am always happy to hear from others and made amendments to the suggestions if I see fit.

SUGGESTION #1

INVENTION DISSASEMBLING 

Currently there is a problem with dissembling high tier items and from videos I watch its always been an issue. When dissembling high tier items I believe adding a confirmation page before actually getting the components from the high tier item, such as a BCP, would avoid people accidentally destroying a key part of their pvm gear. I can see that this is could for the economy in that it gets rid of another item making the eco stronger, but it also demotivates players. EVERYONE that has trained invention has destroyed something they didn't want to even with the countless time we've been told to wear nothing when training invention, but it shouldn't be like that. Low tier items definitely don't need the confirmation page, but anything over 20m+ value should in my opinion/

SUGGESTION #2

GENERAL STORE ROPE

FIXED AND WE LOVE YOU FOR IT!

SUGGESTION #3

Dust Devils, Aberrant Spectres, and Ankous

When I first started this server I used my general knowledge of OSRS to navigate Revival. While doing slayer I noticed something weird... Dust Devils are in the Aberrant Spectres slayer tower location. Aberrant Spectres are in the Ankou location in the Stronghold Slayer Cave, and Ankous are only found in the Zeah Catacombs but there are no Aberrant Spectres in the Catacombs at all. 

To me... This seems weird... I can already tell that the issue was having an accessible location to the dust devils, which meant changing the location of the NPC that was originally at that location. This can be a bit confusing to new players and I realize this is NIT-PICKING on my end but this does seem like something that could be fixed pretty easily and would be a great quality of life update.

I would suggest moving Spectres back to their spot in the slayer tower and adding a Grand Tree teleport to the desert well that dust devils originally come from and moving dust devils there. And unless I missed them, Specters also should be added to the Catacombs, perhaps their stronger counterpart that are in the real osrs catacombs.

SUGGESTION #4

Grand Exchange/Trading post/Personal Shops

When Playing I see a lot of people begging to sell or buy items they desperately need at that moment or have been trying to buy/sell for a few days and waste precious pvm time doing so.

What I would suggest is some sort of Grand Exchange/Trading post/Personal Shops.

This community would greatly benefit from having something like this. There are many ways to go about creating the proper way to create a global trading system and there are also PROS and CONS to each.

Personal shops (adding a "view shop" option when right clicking players) promotes AFKing at home and other popular areas and I believe theres already an issue with afk players so I don't believe this would be the right choice. Adding something like a grand exchange or trading post would be the best option in my eyes, but only if they display whats currently for sale, other servers have mastered this perfectly, though I will not name them here.

This is of course a large update and some people would prefer not to have a trading system and stick to the classic ways of buying and selling which I admit I use to prefer.

Let me know what your opinion is on this!

SUGGESTION #5

PET SACRIFICE

I'm aware that having a place to store your pets is already being looked at. But what about when you get 2-3 of the same pet? I think it'd be a cool option to have someplace to sacrifice your extra pets. Spitballing here... You could throw your pets down a well and you are given a high chance to receive an item from the UBER drop table. If you have any better ideas post them below!

SUGGESTION #6

ZULRAH MINIONS AND RING OF RECOILS

While doing some Zulrah I noticed that the minions do a decent amount of damage on you if you don't take care of them. To combat this, I bought some ring of recoils...but they don't work on the Zulrah minions. Maybe being able to use them at Zulrah could make the boss too easy, but I leave this suggestion up for the players and owner to decide. 

SHOULD RING OF RECOILS WORK ON ZULRAH MINIONS?

SUGGESTION #7

HIGHSCORES 

Getting higher and higher on the highscores I noticed something strange when getting 500m thieving exp. The rank 1 in any skill does not stay at the first person to get 500m, rather it puts the person who most recently got 500m exp as rank one. This is an obvious issue as some people that should be rank 1 are actually rank 5-6 (thieving is the best example I have of this)

This obviously needs to be fixed as anyone who worked hard to get 500m in any skill first deserves the rank 1 title.

DISCLAIMER : I would not be RANK 1 in thieving if this change was made, I can see how people might think I'm Bias because I have 500m thieving but this would not benefit me in anyway.

SUGGESTION #8

DZ,SZ,CZ,LZ areas

Once you've unlocked these areas you really don't need to go anywhere but these zones. Ofcourse home will always be a useful location for any player, but I'd like to suggest something that even I admit is a little over the top.

My suggestion is to make an option to change your home teleport in the spell books to whichever zone you would like (you would still need the proper rank to teleport to these locations). So for instance, I could change my home teleport to the ::LZ area and never have to worry about accidentally teleporting home and not have to teleport twice. ::home would become your only way to teleport to home unless you changed your teleport back.

What do you guys think?

SUGGESTION #9

Skilling and Event outfits for comps

While skilling or doing holiday events you tend to stock up on a lot of outfit duplicates that are untradable and you can't get comps from them. I believe adding the ability to receive a reasonable amount of comps from the outfits could add use to these duplicated and unwanted items. 

Please leave any comments or suggestions of your own down below! 

Thank you!

Edited by Nelluc
  • Like 1

We are going to add a confirmation page to it eventually, but we encourage everyone to bank everything before they disassembling things.

The general store just recently got bugged, we are working on a fix for it.

When these get updated I will mark them as updated =) I appreciate the responses! and I will confirm the rope location at the hunter spot. I've been asking for a while about other rope in stores but no one ever mentioned the eagles peak shop! 

More suggestions to come!

UPDATED 2-21-18

SUGGESTION #3

Dust Devils, Aberrant Spectres, and Ankous

Edited by Nelluc

1 hour ago, Ethan said:

#3, I mean..... Ya id think it would be nice to put some monsters in zeah.

I had created a similar thread like this on a previous server I played for a long time and a lot of it was nit picky stuff. I'll try not to cover this thread with many suggestions like this one.

rip my rank 1 thieve but also i got 500m hp recently why am i not rank 1 in that? its confusing

24 minutes ago, 14k said:

rip my rank 1 thieve but also i got 500m hp recently why am i not rank 1 in that? its confusing

Its inconsistent in how people are ranked, the pattern described in this post was only for thieving. I have noticed others change frequently too. 

An issue another server had, was that the counter would display 500m but then if u continued to train past 500m you would get +1 exp gain. So if u got 500m theive and then stole from the ::cz sarcophagus which is 25k exp, the player would have 500,025,000 exp. And this would reset each time you gained exp. So if after u had 500,025,000 exp and stole from a stall that gave 7k exp, you'd end up with 500,007,000 exp. 

This may not be the case here, but it tells you what COULD be happening and opens to door to many other reasons why the highscores would do this.