Sign in to follow this  
Jochem

PVM Guide: what to use, what to pray and what to do

I made a guide to show you what's the recommended style to useand what to pray against each boss. There already is one but it's incomplete and sometimes incorrect. Feel free to make suggestions, it's not yet complete. Non boss-PVM tips are fine as well, I'm planning to add revs and lava dragons soon.

General PVM tips

• You should get always use a slayer scroll to get boss tasks so you can use your slayer helm before you go to a boss. You can´t get raids boss tasks though (only special tasks).  
  • Crystal halberd is a great melee weapon to spec with, it does a lot of damage. 
  • Get super potions (can buy super combat at the docks, create the others) as well as super restore potions (or super prayer pots). Not worth bossing without ppots and super potions. 
  • Most bosses can be found at the pvm teleport in your spellbook. If they are somewhere else I've specified the location in this guide. 
  • If melee is recommended and the monsters don't hit anything (through prayer) you should usually use Dharocks with rock cakes to get to low HP. 

GWD bosses
Get to the GWD bosses by using the PVM teleport to the godwards dungeon. Use a key you can buy for 700k at the general store at ::Home to skip the 10 kilcount needed. You can use instance tokens to enter other rooms when the main room is already occupied. 

• Bandos: Use melee, pray melee (if bandos is dead and the mage minion is alive, pray mage). Requires food. Prioritise killing the mage minion, try to kill both the mage and range minion between the fights. 
  • Armadyl: Use range, pray range. Requires food. 
  • Saradomin: Use melee, pray melee. Requires food.
  • Zamorak: Use mage (blood barrage, sometimes its glitched and you can use ice barrage or trident as you wont be hit), pray mage. Doesn't require food.

Raids bosses
Get here through the ice mountain. Use explorers backpack to get to ice mountain. 

• Tekton: Dont pray, use ice barrage. Walk to the corner when he unfreezes. Shouldn't require food, but if you misclick (or if you're too late) he can hit hard. 
  • Muttadile: Use melee, pray melee. You'll need a lot of food. 
  • Vasa nistirio: You have to wear any halo to kill this (costs 10k bounty hunter points, gained from emblems). Use range, pray redemption. Takes a very long time to kill, toke me at least 10 inventoriess of dark crabs (with d hunter cbow and onyx bolts). Never again.
  • Vespula: Use mage pray, when minions come out teleport out and pray melee. Bring multiple antipoison. Easiest raid boss, doesn't require much food in comparison to the others. 

Wildy bosses that can be killed in the donor zone
I recommend killing these three bossses if you have access to ::dz (requires $5 donated). You can kill them outside of the wilderness there. 

• Callisto: Pray mage, use range. No need for food. Not really worth killing except if you quickly need some emblems. 
  • Venenatis: Use melee, pray mage. You'll need a little bit of food, but don't fill your inventory as he hits very low. Easy to camp.
  • vet'ion: Use melee, pray melee. 

Other wildy bosses
These bosses are always in the wildy, use the ghost sailer on the docks to get there. 

• Chaos fanatic: use range, pray mage. Doesn't deal much damage. Unequips your weapon ocasionally. 
  • Chaos elemental: use range, pray mage. Doesn't deal much damage. It unequips your weapon regularely, which is very annoying. Keep a full inventory to prevent it (sometimes it drops a random item from your inventory though). 
  • Wild Mammoth: Can also be killed in max guild. Pray melee, it won't hit anything.

Slayer bosses (need a certain slayer level to kill, same level as OSRS)

• Kraken: Use blood barrage, you won´t need any food. You can use a fast range weapon to kill the whirlwinds. 
  • Zulrah: Pray range at the start of the fight, switch based on colour of the boss. Green = range, blue = mage, brown = melee. You´ll need a bit of food.
  • Abyssal sire (85 slayer): Bring antipoison. Use range for fast kills, blood barrage if you want to afk and get a lot of rare drop table drops from the minions. Pray mage. You won't need food with blood barrage.
  • Demonic gorillas: Use melee, pray mage. You´ll need some food. 
  • Lizardman shaman: Use melee, pray mage. You´ll need some food. Not worth killing IMO, drops aren´t too good.
  • Dusk (75 slayer): Located on top of the slayer tower. Use melee, pray melee. You'll need food. 
  • Thermonuclear smoke devil: Use melee, pray range. Deals a bit of damage. Get there by taking the spirit tree at home (south) to the smoke dungeon, walk northwest. 
  • Wyverns: Use melee, pray mage. Hit the range one, it's the only one you can damage. Between kills you should hit the others anyway for XP. You'll use a decent bit of food. 

General bosses (doesn't require slayer level)

• KBD: Currently bugged, usually does not fight back if you're outside of melee distance. Use mage/range, don't pray anything. If you're in melee distance you should use protect from melee. Don't forget to use an anti-dragon shield. If you don't use a shield pray mage.
  • Giant mole: use melee, pray melee. Doesn't do any damage, very easy but it has bad drops. 
  • Corporal beast: use a spear (best spear is the trident bought at ::fossil, otherwise zammy spear), Pray mage. You can use your instance tokens here as well.
  • Skotizo: Requires dark totem, made by combining dark bottom, middle and top at the zeah altar. I haven't done that so I don't know how to kill it. 
  • Kalphite queen: Use range, pray mage. 
  • Barrelchest: Play the thieves paradise minigame, you can safespot him with mage. Always kill him for keys and a chance to get the barrelchest anchor which sells for 25m to fez. 
  • Cerberus: Use melee, pray mage. You'll use a bit of food. 
  • Vorkath: Walk west from ::hall. Use range, pray mage. Requires dragon key, which is dropped by addy and rune dragons. 

Non-boss PVM

• Experiments: Read the following invention guide, don't do experiments without combining it with invention otherwise you will have to do double work. Dharock's on low HP is the fastest method. 
  • Revenants

Get here by teleporting to the lava dragons (PVP teleport), then walking southwest into the cave. East of the caves are the revenants. Bring a glory, max cape or seed pod so you can teleport out at level 30 wilderness. I personally prefer to kill the dragons with ranged, but you can probably kill the others with other styles as well. There are safespots for both dragons, don't bother looking at my inventory as I brought too much food and ppots in my inventory as you don't really need any except to escape pkers. I also brough the wrong potion.

To safespot the northern dragon:

986b49bd059680d4b9355521522f5e7e.png

To safespot the southern dragon:

d0fca5fa2605e99eacb8dd664f0da865.png

An alternative is killing just 1 dragon and 2 globins inbetween, for more kills per hour. You can safespot the dragon from this spot:

64970153ebf3f0d3eff86e14a3e636c8.png

Edited by Jochem
  • Like 2

Agree with Ethan, great information, but a bit of formatting will go all way. Look forward to seeing this improve! 

2 hours ago, Backalley said:

Agree with Ethan, great information, but a bit of formatting will go all way. Look forward to seeing this improve! 

Is this better? Sadly I can't change the size of titles, it's not working. 

14 minutes ago, Jochem said:

Mate, Looks brilliant now.

5 hours ago, Jochem said:

Looks amazing man! Thank you for the guide!

I pray mage fighting sara boss. I take massive damage otherwise.

also, halos cost 10m bounty points

you can attack more than just the range wyvern on ::fossil. you just need range and mage gear. not worth it. but its possible.

you dont need to go to ::hall for vorkath. you need the 4 dragon pieces obtainable from addy and rune dragons. which are located at ::hall.

but to get to vorkath. just click on dragon key (the 4 dragon pieces) pieces are tradable.

Edited by henry vlll